Improving Cardiac CarePromoting effective prevention and treatment of chronic disease
Improving Cardiac Health & Reducing Disparities
Heart disease and stroke are the first- and fourth-leading causes of death, respectively, in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Fifty percent of men and 64 percent of women who die suddenly of heart disease have no previous symptoms. Knowing the warning signs for both heart disease and stroke is vital to helping prevent death.
Specifically, we are partnering with providers in the home health and physician office settings, as well as patients, families and stakeholders by:
- Offering resources and assistance on preventive cardiovascular best practices – the ABCS (Aspirin Therapy, Blood Pressure Control, Cholesterol Control and Smoking Cessation)
- Facilitating home health agency participation in the national Home Health Cardiovascular Data Registry
- Assisting physician clinics with Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) cardiovascular measures submission
- Engaging and extending the invitation to participate in Learning and Action Networks (LANs)
- Empowering individuals to make heart-healthy choices
Cardiac Care News
Million Hearts® Resources
Cardiac Care Resources
American Heart Association Go Red for Women
CDC Healthy Hearts Podcast
CDC You Tube Video: Preventing Heart Attacks and Strokes
Medicare Cardiovascular Disease Screenings
Million Hearts Campaign Tools and Resources
Million Hearts Initiative Infographic
The Heart Truth Program
World Heart Federation
Some content on this page is saved in an alternative format. To view these files, download the following free software.
- PDF Documents: Get Adobe® Reader®
Learning and Action Network
We invite you to join the Great Plains Learning and Action Network (LAN). All LAN partners will be invited to attend educational sessions on a variety of topics, have opportunities to learn from peers throughout the state and region and have access to an abundance of resources and tools. The LAN is a great opportunity to get connected and demonstrate your commitment to quality improvement.