The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) invites you to view the updated recorded session on Telehealth and COVID-19. The content has been updated to reflect changes in telehealth policies as well as the Telehealth Centers of Excellence and Avera’s current successes in delivering healthcare through the use of technology.
- Current telehealth policies under COVID-19
- Successful telehealth approaches/models to address the unique challenges in health care delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., Virtual Screenings and Consultations, Remote Patient Monitoring, Tele-Emergency, Tele-ICU)
- Technical resources to assist in the development and expansion of telehealth programs
- Mei Kwong, JD, Executive Director, Center for Connected Health Policy
- Dee W. Ford, MD, MSCR, Professor, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina
Project Director, Telehealth Center of Excellence; Medical Director, Tele-ICU & ICU Innovations
- Richard L. Summers, MD, FACEP Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, University of Mississippi Medical Center
Billy S. Guyton Distinguished Professor
Professor and Chair Emeritus Department of Emergency Medicine
Previous Lead Scientist for NASA Digital Astronaut Project
- Brian S. Skow, MD MBA CPE FACEP, Chief Medical Officer, Avera eCARE
To access archived sessions of the telehealth learning series, click on the links below.
- Telehealth for HIV Care: A Follow-Up Discussion
- Expanding HIV Prevention Efforts and Treatment through Telehealth
- Centers of Excellence: Leveraging Academic Excellence to Advance Telehealth Knowledge
- The Use of Telehealth to Improve Children’s Access to Health Care
- The Use of Telehealth to Increase Access to Dental Care
For more telehealth resources and tools, visit https://www.hrsa.gov/rural-health/telehealth/index.html and https://telehealth.hhs.gov/.