The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has developed a series of interactive videos called “Quality in Focus” (QIF) on the Quality, Safety & Education Portal (QSEP). The 10-15 minute videos are self-paced. They will help providers and suppliers participating in the Medicare and Medicaid programs better understand how to improve health and safety in facilities.
Visit the Quality, Safety & Education Portal (QSEP) Training Catalog to access the “Quality in Focus” videos; under the Quality in Focus tab.
The QIF series aims to increase the quality of care for people with Medicare and Medicaid by reducing the deficiencies most commonly cited during the CMS survey process, such as infection control and accident prevention. These resources will help providers and suppliers better understand surveyor evaluation criteria, recognize deficiencies, and incorporate solutions into their facilities’ standards of care, so they are more equipped to meet health and safety guidelines.
The QIF interactive videos are tailored for specific provider and supplier types, with 1-3 videos per type. Each interactive video focuses on a specific health or safety citation with the goal of identifying and resolving these deficiencies. QIF interactive videos are currently available for:
- Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Infection Control Citations
- Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (IICF/IID) Program Implementation Citations
- Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) Local, State, Tribal Collaboration Process Citations
- Hospice Plan of Care Citations
- Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) Post-Intervention Debriefing Citations
- Long Term Care (LTC) Treatment and Prevention of Pressure Ulcer Citations
- LTC Free of Accident Citations
- LTC Medication Error Citations
- Outpatient Physical Therapy (OPT) Equipment, Buildings, and Grounds Maintenance Citations
- Comprehensive Outreach Rehabilitation Facility (CORF) Local, State, Tribal Collaboration Process Citations
- Home Health Agency (HHA) Incomplete Individualized Plan of Care Citations
- Rural Health Clinic (RHC) Preventative Maintenance Program Citations
- Portable X-ray Personnel Monitoring Citations
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Cleaning and Disinfecting Citations
- Hospital Patient Safety
The information in the interactive videos is for informational purposes and is not meant to take the place of statutes, regulations or official CMS policy.