Million Hearts® Learning Lab: Intensifying Treatment to Achieve Blood Pressure Control
Live Question & Answer (Q&A): November 17, 2021 | 2:00 – 2:45 pm CT
1. Describe how to apply key recommendations from the 2017 ACC/AHA Guideline for the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults
2. Discuss benefits of appropriate treatment intensification for achieving blood pressure control, including the use of single pill combination therapy
3. Identify causes of therapeutic inertia and practical tips for mitigating it
This learning opportunity uses a mixed methods format: In addition to the live Question & Answer (Q&A) on November 17, 2021 from 2:00 – 2:45 pm CT, attendees should complete two additional items:
- Pre-work audio recording (12 minutes)
- Pre-work survey – submit questions in advance (3 minutes)
Please plan to complete your pre-work no later than Tuesday, November 14. The quality of the event will be shaped by your engagement prior to it. Material from the audio recording will be briefly reviewed during the live Q&A, with the expectation that you are already familiar with it. The speakers will tailor the content of the live Q&A to address questions based on survey responses.
For those wishing to earn CME credit, the course credit includes the total time for the pre-work (15 minutes) and the live event (45 minutes).