- This event has passed.
Pre-Hospital Identification and the Management of Sepsis
April 8, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm CDT
- Presentation | Dr. Steven Q Simpson – Severe Sepsis a Time Critical Diagnosis Across the Spectrum of Care
National sepsis expert and champion, Dr. Steven Q. Simpson facilitated learning and discussion on the critical role of EMS in the early recognition and management of septic patients through the use of case studies. EMS professionals will be able to apply their knowledge of the Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (SIRS) criteria, identification of sepsis and treatment to improve outcomes and decrease mortality. A personal story of the devastating impact of sepsis was also shared.
Following the presentation, participants were able to:
- Recognize SIRS and its components
- Develop an EMS plan for rescue of septic patients
- Interact with Emergency Departments to facilitate more rapid treatment of septic patients
- Recognize the differences among sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock, with attention to evolving definitions of sepsis
Steven Q. Simpson, MD
Acting Director, Division of Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine Director, Fellowship Training, Division of Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
University of Kansas
2 hours of participation were offered for this event.
Krystal Hays, DNP, RN, CADDCT, RAC-CT | Quality Improvement Advisor
402/476-1399; Ext. 522 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosted by Great Plains Quality Innovation Network – Nebraska
In addition to the event listed above, we also hosted a Connecting the Dots Conference for healthcare providers and a Community Town Hall Meeting on April 9, 2019. Visit our website for complete details.