Pain management and opioid oversight: Ensuring quality, safety and compliance
The Nebraska Coalition for Patient Safety is hosting a WebEx on the timely topic of antibiotic stewardship and pain management; focusing on implementation, policies and prescribing practices. The invitation to attend is open to all healthcare professionals.
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. (CDT)
Members of the Pain Steering Committee from the University of Nebraska Medical Center and Nebraska Medicine will discuss and provide examples of interventions that were undertaken and insights that have been gained in the history of one health system’s pain steering committee.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the range of metrics and standards that assess pain management and opioid use and understand how they are evolving.
- Assemble a team of stakeholders and empower them to oversee pain management and opioid use in an acute care hospital.
- Construct local interventions that will meaningfully improve the quality and safety of pain management.
- Jason Shiffermiller, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor, Section of Hospital Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Thomas Nicholas, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center; Director, Acute Pain Service, Nebraska Medicine
- Nick Crites, PharmD, Medication Safety Pharmacist, Department of Pharmacy, Nebraska Medicine
- Stacie J. Ethington, MSN, RN-BC, Medication Safety Nurse Specialist, Nursing Professional Practice & Development, Nebraska Medicine