- Are you interested in achieving or renewing your American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) accreditation or American Diabetes Association (ADA) recognition for diabetes self-management education and support (DSMES) services?
- Do you have questions about the standards, submission requirements, or even where to begin?
If so, be sure to join us to hear each of the standards from AADE’s accreditation director and ADA’s recognition director and to get your questions answered.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
2:00 – 3:30 PM CT
This event is open to beneficiaries, families, healthcare providers, practitioners, partners, and stakeholders.
Registration Required! Register here.
- Identify the initial and annual requirements for ADA recognition or AADE accreditation of diabetes self-management education and support (DSMES) services
- Be able to set an action plan to transition to an ADA recognized or AADE accredited DSMES service
- List the annual requirements of professional and paraprofessional DSMES team members
- List three ADA and three AADE resources that assist DSMES services in meeting and maintaining recognition or accreditation
- Describe the difference between a DSMES behavioral goal and a diabetes self-management support plan
Continuing Education (CE) Statement:
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. This activity is eligible for ACPE, ANCC, AANP, and CDR credit; see final CPE/CE activity announcement for specific details.