The North Dakota State University Center for Immunization Research and Education (CIRE) is hosting a FREE two-day, virtual conference for healthcare providers and public health professionals to examine ways to increase COVID-19 vaccination rates. The conference will consist of multiple one-hour presentations with national experts who will share strategies to increase COVID-19 vaccine confidence and acceptance.
- Katelyn Jetelina – Dept. of Epidemiology, Univ. of Texas Health Science Center, and founder/sole author of “Your Local Epidemiologist” – a viral blog that translates scientific research and events to the public
- Kevin Ault – Director of Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Univ. of Kansas, fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and Infectious Disease Society of America (ISDA), and member of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Joshua Williams – Dept. of Pediatrics, University of Colorado, founding member of the Public Health, Religion, and Spirituality Network and Co-Investigator on the Vaccine Safety Datalink
- Sara Oliver – Lead for the COVID-19 Vaccines ACIP Work Group, and member of the CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) and Medical Epidemiologist at the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respirator Diseases (NCIRD)
- Joe Smyser – CEO of the Public Good Projects (PGP) – a nonprofit composed of experts in public health, media, and marketing
- Tiffany Suragh, MPH – Health Scientist, Immunization Safety Office, CDC
- Explore strategies to address COVID-19 vaccine with patients, to ultimately increase vaccination rates in healthcare practices.
- Examine the role social media can play in COVID-19 vaccine communication.
- Summarize COVID-19 vaccine safety monitoring systems and safety data.
Conference planning committee will be applying for Continuing Education Credits. Please check back later for additional information.