Join the National Academy of Medicine, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin and Shatterproof on June 10 am at 11 pm (CT) for the Stigma of Addiction Summit, a free, virtual, half-day symposium that will focus entirely on understanding, addressing and eliminating the harmful impacts of stigma on people who use drugs and experience addiction.
The goal of the Summit is to elevate current efforts at reducing stigma, identify successes and gaps in the evidence base and prioritize and identify areas for future research and funding with an explicit focus on stigma, which is often touched upon only marginally in broader conversations about addiction.
- Stigma of Drug Use, Treatment, and Harm Reduction
- Stigma in the Healthcare Setting
- Structural Stigma and How Systems Discriminate and Intersect
- The Role of Advocates and Families
- How to Intervene or Change Behavior in Real Time
- Research, Evidence, and Mechanisms for Action
The Stigma of Addiction Summit is free to attend and will be recorded for viewing after the event ends.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.