Reminder: You are invited – CMS Town Hall Meeting
The Opioid Epidemic: Approaches to Adolescents and Honored Elders ….highlighting the importance of collaboration among clinicians and community members to address the opioid crisis
Thursday, September 6, 2018
12:00 – 5:00 p.m. (CST)
This event is presented as a multi-regional Webinar featuring an overview of the CMS Opioid Roadmap, guest speakers sharing their experience in addressing opioid use in adolescent and elder populations and an opportunity to hear from those feeling the impact of the epidemic on a personal level. The focus will be on prevention, treatment and data.
- Prevention – Manage pain using a safe and effective range of treatment options that rely less on prescription opioids
- Treatment – Expand access to treatment for opioid use disorder
- Data – Use data to target prevention and treatment efforts and to identify fraud and abuse
This event is hosted by the Western Regional Offices of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Questions? E-mail: Roger.Liu@cms.hhs.gov
CMS is currently seeking CME/CEU approval for this program.
Save the Date: WebEx Opportunity: The Role of Data in the Opioid Crisis
CMS is also hosting a virtual WebEx, The Role of Data in the Opioid Crisis
Thursday, October 11, 2018
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (CST)
The WebEx objectives include:
- Explore existing data resources to help understand opioid prescription practices and drive improvements
- Identify best-practice methods for utilizing data to decrease inappropriate opioid prescriptions
- Collaborate and network with clinicians and leaders across the care continuum to reduce opioid misuse
We will provide more details on the October 11 WebEx in the coming weeks