Performance improvement is best accomplished by using tried and true techniques. These include the 5 Whys, PDSA cycles, Cause and Effect diagrams, eliminating waste, and more.
Looking for a template or a short refresher for your skills? The National Nursing Home Quality Improvement Campaign has got you covered!
Does your organization…..?
- Use systematical investigation and analysis to determine underlying causes of problems and adverse events?
- Develop and implement performance improvement activities?
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of performance improvement activities?
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released the full set of Critical Element Pathways used by surveyors to the public. Use these Pathways regularly in self-assessment to support continual readiness. Get the QAA and QAPI Critical Element Pathway
The Great Plains Quality Innovation Network is uniting nursing homes in a collaborative structure to share tools, knowledge and experiences for improving resident safety and clinical processes and reducing preventable healthcare conditions. Our efforts align with the CMS National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative to:
- Assist nursing homes to attain a score of six or better on the National Nursing Home Composite Quality Measure
- Improve the rate of mobility among long-stay nursing home residents
- Improve the targeted rate of reduction in the use of unnecessary antipsychotic medication in dementia residents
- Decrease Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs), other Healthcare–Acquired Conditions (HACs) and potentially avoidable hospitalizations.
To learn more and to access resources and additional information, visit our Web site.