Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) National Standards guide health care providers in tailoring their services so they are responsive to the health beliefs, practices and needs of diverse individuals and communities.
Using the CLAS framework can improve health literacy, reduce health disparities, advance health equity and improve the overall wellbeing of our patients and clients. Join the National Council for Mental Wellbeing for the first session in the CLAS Standards Webinar Series to learn about the history and purpose of the CLAS standards and the benefits of implementing them in integrated care settings. This session will also provide resources and strategies to support the integration of culturally and linguistically appropriate practices and policies within integrated care settings.
Wednesday, September 28, 2022 | 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. CT
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the history and purpose of the CLAS standards
- Identify strategies for advocating for CLAS standards within communities and organizations
- Explain the benefits of implementing the CLAS standards within integrated health care settings
- Describe the importance of CLAS standards in integrated care settings
Mark your calendar for all sessions in the series and subscribe for email updates for updates.
- October 20, 2022 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. CT- CLAS Part 2: Introduction to the CLAS Standards
- November 15, 2022 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. CT- CLAS Part 3: Implementing the CLAS Standards
- November 17, 2022 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. CT- CLAS Series Office Hour
All sessions are supported by the Center of Excellence for Integrated Health Solutions, funded by a grant award from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). If you have any questions about this series, contact Integration@TheNationalCouncil.org.