Celebrating 45 years as a professional organization for nursing assistants and other direct care workers in long-term care.
Nursing Assistant (NAs) are key players in the lives of those who are receiving care; they deserve a sincere thank you and recognition for their efforts and kindness shown. Now as never before, attention is being directed to the care of our elder and disabled citizens and greater attention also is directed to the workers who provide hands-on care and caring. Let’s show our support through the Kindness in Action Campaign.
The 45th annual National Nursing Assistants’ Week provides a venue to bring people together to create projects and programs that will continue throughout the year. provides a timely opportunity to foster and showcase the wonderful things that can happen for residents and workers when we join together in drawing attention to this observance and the wonderful people who serve as Nursing Assistants in our organizations, families and communities. Show your support:
- Recognize your Nursing Assistants who have 20 or more years of service. Submit their names to the National Honor Society (Previously the 20 Year Club) for Nursing Assistants. (details below). No COST. Learn more and enroll today
- Submit an essay, poem, or song to the NA Authors Club
- Ask NAs to write and star in a video about your nursing home
- Plan an awards ceremony and invite your mayor and local and state legislators
- Conduct a Poster Contest or Essay Contest about creating a neighborhood or community of caring.
- Create a poster consisting of “thank you” notes from family members and staff. Include pictures of your nurse assistants
- Provide computer training for nursing assistants and encourage them to connect with resources and nursing assistant groups in other areas
- Talk to a legislator or public official about issues of staffing and consistent assignments
- Display photos of your NAs with notes about favorite foods, hobbies or families
- Talk to your local church group or high school about being a NA
Are you a Career Nursing Assistant? Have you provided care to others over time? Do you tell others that this is your career? If so, you are a Career Nursing Assistant. The first day of Nursing Assistants Week (June 16th) is designated as National Career Nursing Assistants’ Day to recognize nursing assistants who have dedicated their lives to the well-being of others. Nursing Assistants with 20 or more years of service are eligible to join the National Honor Society for Nursing Assistants at no cost. Learn more and enroll today.
♥ On behalf of the Great Plains QIN team, Happy National Nursing Assistants Week! Thanks for the opportunity to recognize and celebrate you!