Overview and Purpose:
QAPI is the merger of two approaches to quality—Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement. When these efforts are blended together, the result can be significant improvements to important outcomes: residents can experience fewer adverse clinical effects, satisfaction rates can improve and staff can become more engaged as facility processes are stabilized; all of this can lead to improved operational performance for your facility.
Join us for this one-hour webinar to review QAPI elements and receive hands-on assistance in completing your self-assessment to start you on your way to building your facility’s QAPI plan.
Michelle Lauckner, RN-BA, RAC-CT, Nursing Home Quality Improvement Specialist, Quality Health Associates of North Dakota
Nursing home staff including: Administrators, DONs, CNAs, Frontline Caregivers, Dietary, Environmental, Activities
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Define QAPI regulation and its implications for nursing homes
- Explain elements of QAPI regulation
- Integrate examples of nursing home progress in development of a QAPI plan and implementation
- Assess understanding of QAPI and QAPI self-assessment tool
Continuing Education (CE):
1 nursing contact hour has been approved from the North Dakota Board of Nursing.
Presentation Slides (PDF)
Michelle Lauckner, RN-BA, RAC-CT
Great Plains QIN, Quality Improvement Specialist
(701) 852-4231| michelle.lauckner@area-A.hcqis.org