Description: During this call, learn about the reform of requirements for long-term care facilities, highlighting the Behavioral Health Services & Pharmacy Services sections. A Tennessee nursing home will also discuss innovative approaches that they implemented to dramatically reduce the use of antipsychotic medications. Additionally, CMS subject matter experts share updates on the progress of the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI). A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
- Diane Corning, CMS
- Douglas Ford, National HealthCare Corporation, Fort Sanders
- Michele Laughman and Debbie Lyons, CMS
Target Audience: Consumer and advocacy groups, nursing home providers, surveyor community, prescribers, professional associations, and other interested stakeholders.
- Presentation [PDF, 186KB]
- A Collaborative Approach to Reducing Antipsychotics Article
- Audio Recording [ZIP, 15MB]
- Transcript [PDF, 339KB]
Registration: To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information: For more information, please visit the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes, QAPI, and Hand in Hand webpages.