Great Plains Quality Innovation Network (QIN) C. difficile Reporting and Reduction Initiative Members will be required to enroll their facility into the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) as well as register at least two persons for a Secure Access Management Services (SAMS) account.
During this webinar, Great Plains QIN team members helped guide facilities through the steps of NHSN enrollment as well as inform them of what to expect during the SAMS registration.
WebEx Learning Objectives:
1. Define the key personnel roles for a facility enrolled in NHSN
2. Describe the information needed to enroll a LTC facility into NHSN
3. Explain the steps for submitting information during the NHSN enrollment process
4. Identify who should obtain his/her own individual access to NHSN
5. Describe the Secure Access Management Services (SAMS) registration process
6. Explain the steps for identity verification and gaining access to NHSN
Nursing homes interested in participating in the Great Plains Quality Innovation Network C. difficile Reporting and Reduction Initiative
Great Plains Quality Innovation Network Quality Improvement Advisors:
Lori Hintz, RN
Nancy McDonald, RN/BSN, CPHQ
Lori Murphy, RN, BSN