Join us as we discuss the community-wide involvement in antibiotic stewardship that is spreading throughout Huron, SD. Huron, with a population of just over 13,000, is seeing growing community-wide efforts to reduce antibiotic prescribing rates.
Hospitals, primary care clinics, pharmacies, home health, public health, nursing homes and all community partners who will benefit from a panel discussion addressing antibiotic stewardship are invited to join.
Upon completion of the WebEx, participants will be able to:
- Relay how joining forces is making an impact in the Huron community
- Describe how the Huron community is sharing antibiotic awareness with healthcare providers and consumers for improved awareness and action
- Explain how the Huron community is using a community-based antibiogram to guide prescribing practices
The Huron workgroup is excited to be showcased in the webinar and will have a panel available for discussion and questions. The panel will consist of:
- Elliot Hinricher, Registered Pharmacist; Huron Regional Medical Center
- Dr. Jesse VanHeukelom, Pediatrician
- Dr. Eric Chow, Internal Medicine
- Len Wonnenberg, PA-C; Horizon Healthcare
- Danielle Rathjen, Nurse Practitioner; Tschetter Hohm Clinic
- Pam Shoultz, RN, Infection Control; Huron Regional Medical Center
- Cheri Fast, RN, BSN, WOCN, Program Manager; Great Plains Quality Innovation Network