The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has developed resources for frontline staff in long-term care facilities. These new webinars are intended to be a training tool/resource for frontline long-term care staff members. Access the Webinars below; a description of each is offered.
- Sparkling Surfaces [Keep long-term care and nursing home residents healthy by knowing how and when to clean and disinfect environmental and equipment surfaces. These surfaces create an opportunity for viruses and bacteria to survive, proper cleaning and disinfection are important ways to keep surface pathogen levels low and prevent infections from spreading to other residents.]
- Clean Hands [Keep long-term care and nursing home residents healthy by knowing how and when to perform hand hygiene as part of preventing the spread of COVID-19]
- Closely Monitor Residents [Learn the importance of recognizing new or worsening infections quickly in long-term care facilities and nursing homes. The earlier sick residents can be identified, the faster COVID-19 can be prevented from spreading throughout the building. Monitoring sick residents can help catch serious illness early.]
- Keep COVID-19 Out! [Learn what staff, vendors and consultants should do to protect residents and keep COVID-19 out of your building. Understand the importance of wearing face masks, using them in the right way, checking for symptoms daily and staying out of the building when sick.]
- PPE Lessons [Learn what Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be used in long-term care facilities and nursing homes, when, and how to use it correctly to help protect yourself and residents from COVID-19.]
These webinars are published on the Key Strategies to Prepare for COVID-19 in Long-term Care Facilities (LTCFs) webpage at the bottom under the “Webinar Series” section.
CDC has also listed “Additional Resources” to this page: