The Million Hearts®/AACVPR Cardiac Rehabilitation Change Package is now live!
This Change Package is a compilation of care processes and strategies to improve Cardiac Rehabilitation (CR) referral, enrollment and participation and adherence.
Strong evidence shows the cardiac rehab programs can benefit individuals who have:
- Had a heart attack
- Stable angina
- Received a stent or angioplasty
- Heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
- Undergone bypass, valve, or a heart, lung or heart-lung transplant surgery
Improving awareness of its value, increasing referral of eligible patients, and reducing system and patient barriers to participation are all critical steps in improving the referral, enrollment, and participation rates in cardiac rehab programs. Effective remedies have been identified but are not being widely and systematically implemented.
The goal is to mobilize leaders and care teams to:
1) Identify the aspects of CR utilization that are most in need of improvement within their practices, programs or institutions
2) Select corresponding interventions from the Change Package that best address those issues, and
3) Implement the selected systems or strategies, adopting or adapting the tools and resources in the Change Package as appropriate
Learn more and join Million Hearts® in preventing cardiac events by taking action to improve your CR care processes today!