September 22, 2021 | 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm CT
The South Dakota Fall Prevention Coalition’s mission is to cultivate collaboration to reduce falls by increasing knowledge and implementing evidence-based fall prevention solutions for older adults. Fall Prevention Awareness Week, held September 20 – 24, 2021, is an opportunity to work toward fewer falls and fall-related injuries for South Dakotans while maximizing their independence and quality of life.Register Today.
This year’s Fall Prevention Awareness Week webinar will feature Monument Health’s fall prevention initiatives and innovative approaches using collaboration, data and evidence-based practices.
- Increase knowledge about falls among adult populations
- Identify factors that contribute to inpatient falls
- Identify factors that contribute to outpatient falls
- Increase knowledge regarding the evolution of the Mobility Committee at Monument Health
- Identify opportunities of prevention utilizing current data
- Identify state-wide resources on fall prevention practices
Laura Holland, CNA
Patient Care Champion Supervisor
Progressive Care Unit
Dusty Magelky, DPT
Supervisor Rehabilitation Services
Christina Zweber, MSN, RN
Clinical Nurse Manager
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation; 1 contact hour. Participants must attend entire session and complete the evaluation at the link emailed to them at the end of the session to successfully complete the continuing nursing education activity.