As a valued partner in our quality improvement activities, we are pleased to share with you the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) 2017 Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) Program Progress Report, which highlights how Quality Innovation Network-QIOs (QIN-QIOs) nationwide are helping reduce clinician burden and support person-centered quality improvement initiatives that combat disparities and promote population health.
By clicking through the interactive online report, you will be able to:
- View highlights from the QIO Program’s past year
- See actual data-driven results from QIN-QIOs
- Read real-life examples of how QIN-QIOs have worked with partners and healthcare providers to address quality improvement challenges
- Get a preview about future priorities for the QIO Program; and
- Share engaging video clips featuring QIO Program leadership, stakeholders and partners in health quality improvement
“Snapshots of Success”
The Grand Island Clinic [Grand Island, NE] was featured in the Snapshots for Success section for their efforts to implement a blood pressure management protocol. Quality data from Electronic Medical Record (EMR) reports allowed the clinic to review medical records of all patients with hypertension to identify necessary interventions. If warranted, the clinic contacted patients about rechecking their blood pressure or recommended changing their medication. As a result, the clinic was able to successfully standardize blood pressure measurement and yield better data on patient needs in their care community. Read the Grand Island success story here.
Please review and then share the QIO Program Progress Report with your leadership team, staff and any others who might benefit from the information. We look forward to our continued collaboration improving the quality of care for patients and communities throughout our region. Thanks again for your partnership in helping us reach our goal of making healthcare in our region the best in the nation.