12520 Westport Pkwy
La Vista, NE 68128
Great Plains Quality Innovation Network – Nebraska seeks your participation during the 15th annual Nebraska Healthcare Quality Forum.
The key to healthcare success is for individuals and organizations within a community to recognize the need and value in working together to solve problems, establish communication channels and implement protocols and standards in the delivery of care. The Quality Forum is an opportunity for all vested partners to learn from and share with one another. Our focus this year will be on improving care within our communities and within/across care settings (long-term, acute, post-acute and ambulatory). Presentations will showcase examples highlighting collaborative efforts to improve health outcomes and care, engage consumers and their families and reduce costs.
Please consider sharing your story. Submit your presentation application today.
We are looking for presentations that demonstrate a collaboration to build healthier communities. Suggestions for topics may include:
- Effective Coordination of Care (continuity of care, reduction of readmissions, medication safety, workforce burden reduction)
- Safer Care for Individuals (healthcare-acquired conditions, infection prevention, reduction of adverse drug events)
- Prevention and Treatment (cardiovascular disease, diabetes care, immunizations and cancer screenings)
- Improving Population Health (antibiotic stewardship, health information technology, patient/family engagement, reducing disparities, community coalitions)
Presentations should address key quality challenges and offer practical lessons learned and solutions that attendees can adapt for use in their day-to-day work and within their communities. Presentations should be relevant, timely and professionally presented.
Submission criteria used to evaluate presentations
- Clarity and organization: Topics/ideas presented in a logical, easy-to-follow format
- Relevance of topic to discipline: Address the immediate concerns of the discipline and advance the knowledge of attendees
- Innovation and originality: Information should be new to the audience and offer functional solutions to real-life challenges
- Practicality and value: Demonstrate quantified improvement outcomes; e.g., lives and dollars saved, errors prevented. Include successes, failures, lessons learned and practical strategies that can be applied in the workplace. Evaluate whether the measurable improvement was worth the resources committed.
Presenters must agree to the following
- Complete all sections of the presentation application
- Provide an electronic copy of handouts, a minimum of 10 business days prior to the Quality Forum
- Complete and submit the Continuing Education (CE) forms; provided upon selection
- May not use conference presentation to market products or services
- Adhere to 45-minute time limit
Great Plains QIN – Nebraska does not pay for speaker honoraria or expenses. However, we provide a complimentary registration for up to two presenters per session.
Deadline and Notification
Submission deadline: Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Presenters will be notified of selection results in February 2018. Presentation applications must be completed and submitted to Great Plains QIN – Nebraska for consideration.
For Additional Information
- Keri McDermott, Communications Director, at 402/476-1399; Ext 502, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nikki Divis, Communications Lead, at 402/476-1399; Ext 537, or via email at email@example.com
Presented by the Great Plains Quality Innovation Network and co-sponsored by the Nebraska Coalition for Patient Safety (NCPS) and the Nebraska Association for Healthcare Quality, Risk and Safety (NAHQRS)