This WebEx will offer you real world experience of success in the Million Hearts® Initiative. The Avera St. Benedict’s clinic staff from Parkston, SD will provide you insight into how they optimized their EHR technology, assessed and redesigned their workflows, obtained leadership and provider buy-in and participation, as well as improved their cardiac patient’s outcomes. The presenters will share their journey towards building a quality culture.
Providers, nurses, practice managers and clinical staff are invited to join this event
Upon completion of this webex participants will be able to:
- Name one important step in building a quality infrastructure in the clinic setting
- Explain how quality data can be useful in process improvements
- Identify trends in validated data to improve workflows
- Describe tactics to improve provider and ancillary medical staff to buy-in
- Apply principles of quality improvement processes to clinical patients with hypertension or other chronic diseases
Melissa Gale, MBA,LPC-MH
Landmann-Jungman Memorial Hospital-Avera
Melissa Gale received her bachelors in psychology and master’s degrees in counseling and business administration. She has worked at Avera St. Benedict Health Center in Parkston, SD, since 2010. Her experience ranges from integrated behavioral health and primary medical care, chronic disease programming, health outreach services, and other clinic quality initiatives. She continues to provide clinic quality oversight at Avera St. Benedict in conjunction we being the CEO at Landmann-Jungman Memorial Hospital-Avera in Scotland, SD.
All attendees must register
Registration deadline: June 26, 2017
- Click register
- Enter requested information
- Click submit
*Save your confirmation email, this will include the meeting call-in information, password and the registration ID.